Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My Cooking Journal 1 - Steam Chicken Thigh with Oyster Sauce

I have always wanted to compose my very own "secret recipe" journal to remind myself of my "creative" cooking during my times in dubai as a FULL TIME home-maker. I still remember the last time that I cook for myself and husband (boyfriend then) was when I were studying in Adelaide in year 1999-2000. When back home in S'pore, I would rely on my mom for my meals at home. I don't need to scatch my head and having headache about what to cook for the family. My mum will take care of everything. Now and then, I have to think of different kind of dishes to cook for the family. I started to realise being a house wife wasn't an easy task especially when at the same times you need to baby-sit a 16 months toddler . He can drive you crazy and make your day hectic.

First of all, I wish to start off with a simple dish that my husband and myself would enjoy. I also wished to highlight that some S'pore ingredient is unavailable in Dubai. For example, dried scallop, local Anchoy also known as ikan bilies or dried shrimp (they do have in Middle East style), XO sauce, hor fun (or kuay tiao), thicker bee hoon where we used for laksa etc...Any way, this dish is very easy to prepare and it takes only 20 minutes to cook and 15 minutes for preparation.



Ingredients:


1) Chicken Thigh, 7 pieces - remove extra skin and fats
2) Ginger, 1 piece - minced
3) Garlic, 1 clove - minced
4) Spring Onion, 1 - chopped5) Red chillies, 1 - chopped




Seasoning:
1) 2 tbsp oyster sauce
2) 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
3) 1 tbsp sesame oil
4) 1 tsp sugar (prefer brown sugar)
5) dash of white pepper
Methods:

1. Arrange the chicken thigh in a plate and marinate them with the above seasoning for 1 hour

2. Spread the minced garlic, ginger and chillies on top of the chicken thigh
3. Then set the wok, when the water is boiled, steam it for 20 minutes

4. When done, sprinkler spring onion on it and is ready to serve

1 comment:

  1. Desert Safari in Dubai tour is a unique and nice experience, you must do it at least for once in your life.

    ReplyDelete