1. Rinse, marinate the minced pork with fish sauce, sesame oil, corn flour, sugar and pepper (quantity as stated above) in a bowl. Then roll and shape the minced pork into small round individual meat ball. Set aside.
2. Prepare a pot of boiling water for making ikan bilis soup base. Add in washed ikan bilis and simmer for 30 minutes in low fire. Remove and discard the ikan bilis in the pot. Set aside.
3. Heat up another pot for soup. Once heated, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, let oil heat up, then add ginger and stir fry till fragrance, then add sliced garlic and shallots. Also, stir fry till they become fragrance and lightly brown.
4. Pour in the ikan bilis soup base. Let it simmer till the soup boils.
5. Add in the spinach stem and washed silver fish first. Let it simmer for about 20 minutes.
6. Add in the meat ball. Once the meat ball float, add in spinach leaves and let it cook till they boil. Off fire.
7. Add salt to taste and serve in a bowl. Garnish with fried shallot, pepper and dash of sesame oil.