This time, I would like to introduce one of my favourite dishes – “Stir Fried White Button Mushrooms with Slice Pork in Oyster Sauce”. In this dish, I have added red onions and spring onions to give a touch of pungent aroma. I personally enjoyed the intense flavour and crunchy texture of this dish.
White button mushroom (Scientific name: Agaricus bisporus) has great value of nutrition facts, easy to cook and taste more flavourful when cooked. It is believe that button mushrooms contain several valuable nutrients that will benefit our heart, boost our immunity and enhance weight loss. It has high amount of copper that assist in producing blood cells. Research studies show that it is capable of reducing inflammation in arterial cells that will help in lower the risk of blood flows problem.
In addition, button mushrooms contain anti-oxidants properties and are beneficial to our immune system. It helps to increase the production of natural killer cells and other proteins to fight against foreign invaders and assist in repairing our body tissue. It is low in energy density (low-calorie) that improves our body compositions and helps maintaining body weight loss. Additional nutrients are vitamins B and D2 and minerals such as iron, zinc, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium that will also enhance our diet nutrition.
Select and Store
You can easily buy them in any supermarkets or local wet markets. If choosing mushrooms, make sure that they’re firm and plump with uniform colour, no signs of bruising or dampness. I usually wrap them in paper and store it in an air tight container. They can last for 3 to 7 days in the refrigerator.
Preparing and Cooking
When preparing, give them a quick rinse avoiding them absorbing too much water as mushrooms are porous. Then use a paper towel to pad dry. Cut or slice them as desired. When they are cooked, majority of their nutrient contents remains and only between 5 to 20 percent of their value is lose. It is recommended to sauté for approximately 7 minutes in high heat to maximize their flavour and nutrition.
1. 1 pack White Button Mushrooms - Cut into thin slice, rinse and pad dry before cook
2. 1 piece of pork loin (2 inch thick) - Cut into thin slice
3. 2-3 stalk Spring Onions - Wash & Cut into 2 inch length
4. 2 medium size red onion - Wash, remove skin and cut into thin slice
5. 2 slices Ginger
6. 1 clove Garlic - skin peel and slice (1 table spoon)
7. Oyster sauce – ½ table spoon for stir fry and 1 teaspoon for seasoning of pork slice
8. Pinch of corn flour, pepper & sugar9. 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Cut the white button mushrooms into thin slice, then give them a quick rinse and pad dry with paper towels.
- Season the pork loin (sliced) with 1 teaspoon of oyster sauce, pinch of pepper, sugar & corn flour in a small bowl. Set aside and let it season for at least 15-30 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoon of olive oil in wok. Once heated, add sliced ginger and stir fry over medium heat till fragrance (about 2 minutes).
- Add sliced garlic and stir fry till garlic turns lightly brown.
- Add sliced mushrooms and stir fried till the mushrooms become tender, then add 3 tablespoon of water, give it a quick stir till the water boil.
- Add sliced pork and mixed well till the pork turn slightly pinky.
- Add in spring onion, ½ tablespoon of oyster sauce, pinch of pepper & sugar and stir well.
- Add in red onion, stir well all contents and transfer them to a dish.
|Method 3 & 4|