To enhance the taste of this soup, I added tomato to make it more flavourful. Tomatoes contain Vitamin C, A, B, folate, fiber, calcium, phosporous and is an antioxidant that found to be protective against cancer. I really love the taste of this soup as it is refreshing and gives a flavourful sweetness that will whet your appetite.
- 200g Ikan Bilis - (Stock) Washed and rinsed
- 4-6 pieces Medium Size Prawns - Deshelled & deveined (Keep the prawn head and shells for making stock)
- 1 piece Squids - Cut into ring or slices
- 100g Pork - Cut into thin slices
- 1 Tomato - Cut into wedges
- 1/2 Block Tofu - Cut into cubes
- 100g Salted Mustard Green (Vegetable) - Cut into slices
- 3 slices Ginger
- 8 slices Garlic
- 3 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon corn flour
- pinch of pepper, salt and sugar - to taste
- Water (enough to serve 2-3 person)
- Fried shallot and chopped spring onions (for garnish)
- Marinate the sliced pork with 1 teaspoon of fish sauce, 1 teaspoon of sesame oil, pinch of corn flour, sugar and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Marinate the prawn and squids with 1 teaspoon of fish sauce, 1 teaspoon of sesame oil, pinch of corn flour, sugar and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Prepare a pot of boiling water. This is used for making the ikan bilis soup base. Washed and rinsed the ikan bilis.
- Pour in the slices ginger, slices garlic, ikan bilis, prawn heads and shells to the pot of boiling water. Bring to boil and simmer for 30 minutes in small fire.
- Discard those slices ginger, garlic, ikan bilis, prawn heads and shells in the pot to make a clear soup base, Then, add tomoto, salted mustard green in the pot of soup and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add slices pork, prawns and sliced squids into the pot and stir. Simmer for 5 minutes. Once cooked, the pork, prawns and squid will turn "white".
- Add cubes tofu and bring to boil. Add pepper and salt to taste.
|Method 6 & 7.|