- 200-300g of fresh squid
- 1 clove of Shallots (sliced)
- 4 clove of garlic (diced)
- 1/2 inch of ginger (diced)
- 1 Red Onion (Sliced)
- 1 packet of Sambal Paste (photo shown as above)
- 1/2 teaspoon of Sugar
- Small pinch of pepper
- Clean the squid and peel off the skin. Remove all cavities and cut off the ink sac and cut the head into 2 pieces. Slice the squid wide open, use the tip of the knife to lightly score a diagonal pattern on the entire surface, without cutting through it. Cut into rectangle pieces and set aside, with the tentacles.
- Heat a wok with oil. Put in ginger, stir fry till they turn slightly brown, then add garlic and shallot, saute till they are fragrant.
- Add sambal paste, stir fry for 3 to 4 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add in squids, sugar and pepper and stir well until cook.
- Simmer on low heat, put in the sliced red onion and stir fry until it about to get soft.
- Remove from heat and garnish and serve.